It doesn’t matter in the least
2018 Zion Boot Camp: Nov 30 – Dec 2
Both photos above were taken on different years at our Zion Conference. The weather is always diverse, but absolutely wonderful.
I ran into a guy named Mike at my Rotary Club meeting yesterday (Thursday). Mike and I were on the same wrestling team at our Catholic High School. Mike now has a PhD and teaches TM (Transcendental Meditation) brought to the West in 1959 by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi. Evidently he has been waiting to speak to me ever since I gave my talk to the Rotary Club on India and rushed up to me to let me know that he had (2) identical dreams about the two of us (I thought to myself…yikes!). He said in the dreams he was explaining to me that TM can give a person deep calm, reduce anxiety, clarity of mind, better sleep, end depression and that I should try it, and judge for myself. I thanked him for sharing his dreams with me ………. Then I made my typical comeback statement and said, “Mike, how are YOU doing?” I didn’t even have to repeat it and he began to tell me that his house is being foreclosed upon and it was written all over his face just how stressed out he is. He is a sweet man and my heart goes out for him, because we all know that outside of Jesus, everything else is a dead end and will ultimately let us down. I pray that Mike will give me an opportunity to share the TRUE “Steps to Peace with God.” As Walt states in his devotional below, “Deliverance from sin must be initiated by God.” Let’s pray that God does a work on Mike and that he repents and makes Jesus, Lord of his life!
“He (Satan) will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.”
Please bring your Blue Discipleship Bible Studies book. See you at noon.
Grateful for the Word!
- Ron Rodriguez: Continue to pray for Ron and his brain tumor. Good news though, his tumor growth has slowed down dramatically. Please continue to pray for his wife Kristin, 2 daughters & parents, Chip and Jackie
- Alejandro Corral: Please continue to pray for Alejandro Jr. and the Corral Family. Thank you brothers.
- Jim Blasco: My High School buddy. His cancer continues. Please pray
- Mike Presley: Has throat cancer and receiving radiation treatment. Mike is also another High School friend.
- Nathan: Praise report, after his surgery he is doing so much better
- Second Saturdays: Continue to pray for these gatherings that God’s power will be made perfect in our weakness. Andy Fetsis came up from Tucson last week and shared his testimony. The whole evening was great!!
Red Book (MIM Books)
- The Footsteps of God: Oct 18th
- The End of Man: Oct – 19th
As I read the (2) devotionals below, I flashed on a couple things. Day 292 reminded me of the devastation from Hurricane Michael. I’m sure all of you saw this photo………… “Is it not from the mouth of the Most High that both calamities and good things come?” (Lamentations 3:38)
Day 293 remined me of what I am reading concerning the death of Microsoft co-founder and Seattle Seahawks owner, Paul Allen, who died this past Monday. It was reported that he died with $26 Billion!
“Then I will say to myself, “You have plenty of good things laid up for many years. Take it easy. Eat, drink, and be merry!”’ But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be required of you. Then who will own what you have accumulated?’ This is how it will be for anyone who stores up treasure for himself but is not rich toward God.” (Luke 12:19-21)
This is a great visual of what a 9 foot storm surge looks like!!
And this is the only REAL and TRUE solution: