Creosote Bush Seeds
Have you reflected this week on who you are “in” Christ and what happened at the Cross (FOR YOU)? Sometimes we tend to neglect studying and meditating on the tough words from Jesus own lips. We have discussed of these verses before, but they need to be repeated……..
“Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’ (Matthew 7:21-24)
“You will be hated by all because of My name, but it is the one who has endured to the end who will be saved.” (Matthew 10:22)
Ask yourself and your church buddies if they have given these any thought. You might also ask if you/they have “tested themselves” lately to see if they are in the faith (2 Cor 13:5) because you certainly don’t want to be included in the words Jesus said, “…….. when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?” (Luke 18:8). Spend some time on the words in Galatians 5:19-21 and 1 Cor 6:9-10. Because if you are one of those people ……. You WILL NOT inherit the kingdom of God. But Dan, I said the “sinners prayer” and I stand on Romans 10:9. Then I say, what are you going to do with 1 John 2:3-4? ……By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments. The one who says, “I have come to know Him,” and DOES NOT keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. And men, we know where the liars and those that don’t believe these Truths go………. “But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.” (Revelation 21:8)
Spend some time this weekend asking the Lord for clarity on these verses…………
What’s with the photo above? I was going to put my information on our amazing heart, but that’s going to have to wait. Yesterday morning while I was walking, I stopped to study the fluffy seeds on the Creosote bush in the photo. I even sent the photo to a few of the guys. I knew a little about these bushes that are all over the southwest, but was astounded went I started researching them. A few facts about the Creosote bush:
- It can survive 2 years without a drop of water and coats its leaves with a nasty resin and other chemicals that retard evaporation. Few animals will eat them
- It has 2 types of root systems in the same bush:
- One thin fibrous system that is shallow to catch any rainwater quickly. These roots can cover an area of 50 sq. yards!
- It also has a tap root that can go 10 feet down; so tough that it can even penetrate caliche. Very few plants can do this.
- Photosynthesis occurs only in the morning. The bush always faces southeast. In other words, it turns itself off as the sun rises higher so it doesn’t lose water. Pretty smart bush…. Ain’t evolution something 😊
- It produces lots of chemicals, one of which is Nordihydrogualaretic Acid and was used to keep food from spoiling. It’s also antimicrobial and useful for infections (cuts, bacterial or fungal).
- Botanists have determined that the Creosote bush is the oldest of all plants. One bush in the desert east of Victorville, California is said to be oldest living organism on earth. Even older than the Bristlecone Pine.
“For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse.” (Romans 1:20)
Dying to Live,
Men: Take some time on these………… we NEVER want to be ashamed or faithless when we stand before our Creator
Not Being Ashamed & The Faithful One and the Faithless Many – Red Book Day 132 & 133
The purpose of these devotionals is to help you think Biblically
Solomon said, “As a man thinks, so is he”
Guys: There are times we are in conversation talking to a struggling friend that is an unbeliever. We want to help him, but we don’t want to sound “churchy.” You all know what I mean. My wife sent me this article, since she is on “Amen Clinics” email list and thought it had some great points. She was right! These 8 relationship problems and 8 solutions for them are excellent. Dr. Amen has conveyed these points to a secular audience. First, go through them yourself and address the points that need some attention with your wife. Then, tuck this article away that you can use with a friend in the days ahead. Dr. Daniel Amen is an expert on the brain and deals with all kinds of disorders. I know of some guys on this email list that have taken their family members to one of his several clinics.
8 Sure-Fire Ways to Ruin Your Relationship
Sample: Question #1
- PROBLEM: You blame your spouse/partner for all the problems in your relationship. By doing this, you fail to take ownership of your behavior and role in conflicts. Remember, it takes two to tango.
SOLUTION: Click Here 8 Sure Fire Ways to Ruin Your Relationship
Facts of the Matter
THREE SIMPLE BUT IMPORTANT TESTS TO SEE IF I AM ON TRACK SPIRITUALLY : 1
The Scriptures exhort us to “examine to see whether are in the faith…” (2 Cor. 13:5b).
1) Am I bearing fruit inward by living in God’s word? Jesus: ” If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” (Jn. 8:31b, 32).
2) Am I bearing fruitoutward by loving others? Jesus: ” A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another” (Jn. 13:34, 35 – NIV). The caliber of Jesus’ love lived through us is:
- Selfless : “For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake” (2 Cor. 4:5).
- Forgiving : “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing” (Lk. 23:34b).
- Sacrificial : “…Any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple” (Lk. 14:33b).
3) Am I bearing fruit upward by winning the lost and discipling the saved? Jesus: “ If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” (Jn. 15:7, 8). This abundant fruit is manifest in two ways:
1) Character: “… The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law ” (Gal. 5:22, 23).
2) Service: “Do you not say, ‘Four months more and then the harvest’? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields! They are ripe for harvest. Even now the reaper draws his wages, even now he harvests the crop for eternal life, so that the sower and the reaper may be glad together” (Jn. 4:35, 36).
QUESTION Would you take a few moments now to prayerfully examine yourself in these three areas, asking the Holy Spirit to reveal the state of your inner life. Is there a change you need to make today?
This week may you experience His grace, peace and protection.
~R. Dwight Hill~
1 Some of the key ideas for this “Facts” credited to Spiritual Discipleship, J Oswald Sanders, Moody Press, Chicago 1994, pages. 27-34.
Second Saturdays Resume – Saturday, June 12th
7pm – 9pm
Click Here for more information or to RSVP:
Just for fun………… When a buddy sent this, I was amazed that I could clearly remember the smell…………….
For more reflection on “What Happened at the Cross” Ask God to show you your sin.